MENUBAR IN ACAD2019

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
RvW000
1567 Views, 8 Replies

MENUBAR IN ACAD2019

What has happened to MENUBAR <1> in ACAD2019

In 2018 switching on <1> MENUBAR brought up an array of drop-down menus:

File  Edit  View  Insert  Format  Tools  Draw  Dimension Modify Parametric  Express Window Help

In 2019 switching on MENUBAR brings up only a repeat of:

Express Tools  Vehicle Tracking 

What's that all about!? 

I know the MENUBAR is an old relic, but I have worked with it for 30 years....it is a way faster command access than any ribbons, which take an age to open.  

Without it I have now idea how to access things like Format/Point Style at the click of a button. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sthompson1021
in reply to: RvW000

wrong post

Message 3 of 9
RobDraw

@RvW000wrote:

I know the MENUBAR is an old relic, but I have worked with it for 30 years....it is a way faster command access than any ribbons, which take an age to open.  

Without it I have now idea how to access things like Format/Point Style at the click of a button.  

Maybe it's time to start exploring the multiple other ways to access commands so that you are ready for when the menubar is no longer an option. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 9
tboehler

This is still there in 2018 - pulldown on the QA tool barThis is still there in 2018 - pulldown on the QA tool bar

Message 5 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

would you please try to reset AutoCAD to default settings and see if any changes .  >> Click <<

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

MENUBAR to 1 works at my end as expected.  I would agree with @imadHabash and try the reset to defaults.  I've heard of this issue occuring in some verticals (AutoCAD Architecture is one that I know does it)

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 7 of 9
RvW000
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately I have reset back to default. 

Rerun MENUBAR  <1> command and MENUBAR  appears with Vehicle Tracking add-on replicated (it is also a ribbon below) 

see attached screengrab 

Message 8 of 9
chriscowgill7373

You are running AutoCAD Architecture which is not the same as AutoCAD, there is no menubar unless you manually create one.  ACADA, which is one of the specific examples I provided that does not have a menubar has not had a menubar since 2010.  If you had one in AutoCAD Architecture 2018, it was because someone manually created it, or possibly migrated it from an ancient release.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 9 of 9
GrantsPirate

If by chance you want to run your setup as vanilla AutoCAD and not have all the Architecture add-ons open, then make a shortcut on your desktop and edit the properties for that at the target line.

Mine looks like this

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\acad.exe" /product ACAD /language "en-US" 

Adjust for your situation.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report