Max perpendicular length between two lines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
davidwinn5H9GC
528 Views, 4 Replies

Max perpendicular length between two lines

Hello,

I'm looking to find the max distance between two polylines that is also perpendicular to one of the polylines. For example, between the white and green polylines. I am able to draw lines that are perpendicular to the green line, at places where "object snap" works, but I am specifically looking for the maximum length/distance.

Capture.jpg

Labels (5)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@davidwinn5H9GC wrote:

... perpendicular to one of the polylines.

You know: depending on which of both lines is the "base" line to wich you measure prpendicular you will get different results. Therefore my ask: what is your goal? What would the result be used for?

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

If a function/process does not exist, then I could just add offset lines in increments of 1',2',3' to and look to see what additional lane width is needed/required.

Message 4 of 5

The "base" line would always be the inside line. basically, I am designing a lane and vehicle, and running a simulation through "vehicle tracking". The goal is to find the max length that the vehicle goes outside the lane (off-track).

Message 5 of 5
leeminardi
in reply to: davidwinn5H9GC

Give the offset command and specify T (through) then select the white line and with no osnaps move the cursor towards the green line.  It will give you a good indication of where the maximum distance is between the two polylines.

lee.minardi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report