Mathematical fractions with upper/lower case

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
vojta_babovak
549 Views, 4 Replies

Mathematical fractions with upper/lower case

Hello autocad users!

Is there any way of putting math fractions with upper/lower case just like in example into CAD?  

I've tried importing from MS Word, but couldn't get rid of that white, uneditable background😩.

Pasting it in via "Paste>Paste special>AutoCad Entities" replaces all the text into question mark symbols.

Many thanks!

example:

vojta_babovak_1-1709215795325.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: vojta_babovak

See this tutorial for about all that you can do https://www.cadforum.cz/en/qaID.asp?tip=3309
Message 3 of 5
Kent1Cooper

This is one Mtext object:

Kent1Cooper_1-1709218359388.png

with the dot and square-root sign brought in from Other... at the bottom of the Symbol pull-down, and with the fractions using / slashes and stacking them with the stacker option in the Mtext editor.  But while you can make things into subscripts and superscripts in the editor [see below], unfortunately with those included, the stacking option is not available.  And I don't think there's a way to get the horizontal line over the top of the square-rooted part, other than to just draw it as a Line,

If by "upper/lower case" you really mean superscript and subscript, yes, you can do those, but it seems they cannot be included within stacked fractions:

Kent1Cooper_2-1709218622359.png

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 5
CGBenner

@vojta_babovak 

Welcome to the group!  And thank you @pendean and @Kent1Cooper for offering your expertise!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 5
vojta_babovak
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

I guess there’s no other way.

Thanks a lot anyway, for letting me know it´s not possible the way I want it👍😮💨

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report