Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origin of inserted component different directions than top-level origin directions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
janodi
222 Views, 3 Replies

Origin of inserted component different directions than top-level origin directions

Hi,

I'm inserting a drawer slide via "Insert McMaster-Carr Component". The inserted component has its own origins. The origins of the inserted component do not line up with the origins that exist for the top-level design origins. So, when I rotate the drawer slide to match the top-level origin directions that I want, the drawer slide's origins also rotate and continue to "mismatch" the top-level design origins.

When I go give the drawer slide subcomponents motion, the joint command uses the drawer slide's Axis orientation for the joint and not the top-level design axis orientation. This is as expected, but I would like to know how I could align the drawer slide component's axis orientation to the top-level design's axis orientation so that the motion described with the joint follows the top-level design's axis orientation.

Can someone tell me how to align a component's origin orientation to the top-level's origin orientation?

Thanks,

Jim

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JBerns
in reply to: janodi

@janodi 

Are these AutoCAD parts (DWGs) or are these Fusion 360 parts?

AutoCAD does not have a Joint command, but Fusion does.

Perhaps this may be better posted to the Fusion forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
janodi
in reply to: JBerns

Thanks for the reply. I'm a newbie alright. It is for Fusion 360.

Thanks again for pointing this out!

Message 4 of 4
JBerns
in reply to: janodi

You're welcome. I hope the Fusion Community can help with an answer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report