Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials appear completely different in AutoCAD2020

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dawn_anderson
286 Views, 2 Replies

Materials appear completely different in AutoCAD2020

I have recently installed AC2020.  I migrated my settings from AC2013.  I have created materials in 2013 which I am trying to use in 2020 but they look completely different and I cannot figure out why. 

I have attached a sample from AC2013 which is what the drawing should look like and one from AC2020 which is much darker and has the layer colours showing through on the edges.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

>> they look completely different and I cannot figure out why

Between 2013 and 2020 the render engine changed two times to a completely different system.

First attempt would be to play with light settings, make sure your scene is closed in terms of light processing. An object in an endless environment is difficult for current render engines, most need the light distributed back from the walls/ceiling/floor ... that your scene now looks darker is a result of a missing environment.

If necessary I would then recreate the materials or use the new ones which are a lot better and easier to handle for photorealistic scenes.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: dawn_anderson

reset 2020 to remove your migrated content.
restart your PC.

Then follow Alfred's tips for your model in 2020: that should ease the transition.

If you require anything from 2013 then move or recreate manually in 2020. It is the better approach for your 7+year transition.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report