Did you mean: 

Making a round 3D Face with invilible edges

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
anna_puehringer
281 Views, 2 Replies

Making a round 3D Face with invilible edges

I am using Auto Cad 2023, and want to make an 3D face, witch resembles a Round shape and has invisible edges.

For operating with the created Blocks in a different program, i need it to be an 3D Face, or at least being able to hide edges. I have an Object like that, which was created not by me, and i want to replicate it, but i cant find any hints, and the only 3d Faces i am able to create are rectangular.

Thank you !

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@anna_puehringer wrote:

the only 3d Faces i am able to create are rectangular.

You can draw trianglular 3DFaces too: 

- Pick first point

- Pick second point

- Pick third point

- Instead of a fourth point type ENTER (or SPACE) to close the triangle

- Type ENTER again to finish the 3D-Face command. 

Restart the 3DFace command and repeat these steps as often as you need. 

Now you can hide the unwanted edges via the properties window. 

You also can hide edges wile drawing the 3dFaces. If you want to do so, you must choose the "Invisible" option before you set the startpoint of the whished invisible edge. I think tjhis is more confusing and would prefer the first varaint as shown in the video. 

(And of course you must set the points precisely, not freeehand as I did in the video) 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thank you very much! This helped me a lot.

While i was working with your solution, i tried to get a fast and easy way for equally distributed dividing points all over my 3D shapes and stumbled over a way to convert 3D Solids into these 3D Faces:  I convert it into a Net, smoothness 0, and then explode it. In the Mesh Conversion Settings i could specify how accurate i want the Radius to be displayed - how many triangles i want - and then hide the edges: i select the whole object, turn all edges invisible, so i only have to choose the visible edges by hand.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report