Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTSCALE

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
257 Views, 1 Reply

LTSCALE

I'm having great difficulty figuring out my line type scales. When I draw on model space I generally have to scale my line type in properties but when I view in paper space the line type scale appears different. Is there a simple solution as this is causing me great confusion?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
scottwilcox1989
in reply to: Anonymous

Non-continuous linetype appearance are controlled by several variables, including:

LTSCALE     The overall linetype scaling applied to all objects in the file.

PSLTSCALE When this is set to 1 (on), AutoCAD factors the viewport scale to the objects, so non continuous linetypes appear consistent in differently scaled viewports.  PSLTSCALE = 0 (off) disables this feature.

MSLTSCALE When set to 1 (on), linetypes in the model space tab are scaled according to the annotation scale; when set to 0 (off) the annotation scale is not applied to the scale factor.

Lastly, remember many object types have their own property of linetype scale, too (CELTSCALE). 

In you rparticular case, if linetypes look okay in model, but not in paper, my first suggestion is to set PSLTSCALE to 0, and see if that corrects it.  Remember to regen to see the changes.

Scott Wilcox, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
AutoCAD 2014 Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report