Did you mean: 

LTSCALE (linetype scale) override for printing Sheet Shets

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2908 Views, 6 Replies

LTSCALE (linetype scale) override for printing Sheet Shets

Hello.  I would like to know if there is a way that you can print entire Sheet Sets using a single LTSCALE even though the drawings are saved at different LTSCALEs.  

For example, we typically work and save our XRef plans with an LTSCALE of 96/192, and all our sheet file viewports are set up to print at an LTSCALE of 1.  I would like to avoid opening all drawings in the Sheet Set, and changing the LTSCALE to 1 manually everytime I have to print.  

Thanks.  

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Nope, it's not part of any core PLOT or PUBLISH or SSM feature.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Oh no, that is not good.  It would save a lot of time, I'll add it to the wishlist.  Thank you @pendean!

Message 4 of 7
leothebuilder

You should not have random linetype scales in your drawings at all.

You should set MSLTSCALE at 1 (this is not a scale setting, it is a variable) Set this variable in your template.

Now set your linetype scale for paper (layout) space at 1 (or whatever you want your ltscale to look like in paperspace, I have mine at 0.75)

You will never have to change anything at all any longer.

With MSLTSCALE set at 1 your line types will always will look correct in model space as their didplay will change automatically change

with the annotation scale. When you change the annotation scale you may have to do a REGEN and the ltype display will change.

As for all the drawings you already have you could reset the ltscale scale at the plot command via a lisp routine.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

Thank you for the reply Leo.  The MSLTSCALE on my drawings was already set at 1 and therefore it did not change anything, maybe because I don't work with annotative objects? 

When I'm in modelspace, I like to visualize the linetype scales as they willl print in paperspace, and thus in modelspace I set it to an absolute number.  So for example, if I'm working on a plan that I'll print through paperspace at 1/8"=1'-0", then in modelspace, I set the LTSCALE to 96. 

"As for all the drawings you already have you could reset the ltscale scale at the plot command via a lisp routine."  Yes, this would be nice, but I am not skilled at creating lisps, would you be able to provide guidance?  Man Embarassed

Message 6 of 7
leothebuilder

For MSLTSCALE to work you don;t need to work with annotative objects.

With LTSCALE set at 1 (or 0.75) and with MSLTSCALE set at 1 (=on) instead of setting your ltscale at 96, set your annotation scale at 1/8"=1'-0" and do a regen. Your linetypes will apear/display as if plotted at 1/8 scale.

Just do a test and reset your annotation scale to 1/2"=1'-0" and do a regen. Your linetypes will appear/display as if plotted at 1/2" scale.

This method ensures your never have to reset your ltscale again and your linetypes will always plot the way you want. Just toggle the annotation scale and regen is all you need to do. When Autodesk added this feature I thought it was the best since sliced bread.

Let me know if that doesn't fit the bill and I'll see if I can cobble a plot lisp together that resets your ltscale first.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

Oh yeah @leothebuilder!  This works great, had never used the Annotation Scale feature.  Hehe... Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta