Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost saved autocad after systemrecovery

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
309 Views, 3 Replies

Lost saved autocad after systemrecovery

After I did a systemrecovery on my pc, I lost everything I saved on my autocad file. The only things that are left, are the things I saved when I gave the file a new name. I worked in this file and only clicked on save, not on save as.. and now I only have the things in my file that I had when I gave the file a new name3. How do I get everything back?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

After I did a systemrecovery on my pc, I lost everything I saved on my autocad file. The only things that are left, are the things I saved when I gave the file a new name. I worked in this file and only clicked on save, not on save as.. and now I only have the things in my file that I had when I gave the file a new name3. How do I get everything back?

This is not an AutoCAD issue. Your recovery may have returned your file to a previous state. It's impossible to tell from here. Search your computer for files with the same name.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

When you say "system recovery" what exactly did you do?

Is this a Windows system? What version-7, 8/8.1, 10?

Did you use System Restore, the "in-place" refresh tools in Windows 10 that are supposed to leave your files alone, or restore the entire PC from a backup image? Something else?

Depending on what you did, using what tools, your file(s) may still be there, or may be gone for good....

Without knowing exactly what you did, all anyone can do is guess.

Message 4 of 4
pendean

systemrecovery? as in you replaced all current files with a backup file? as in, you REPLACED aka DELETED all your current files?

That pretty much answers your own question if that is what you did. Take your PC to a repair shop or contact an IT buddy to come over ASAP to help you figure it all out. That's the best course of action for you now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report