Did you mean: 

Loosing selected items using fence if not in window

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
212 Views, 2 Replies

Loosing selected items using fence if not in window

Zoom in to start fence, zoom out and over to select end point. Only the items in the current window get trimmed. I hear this has been fixed in 2017. Is there a way to get the fix to work in 2014 version?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Anonymous

It was designed this way intentionally so as to not delete stuff you are not looking at. They added off screen selection to 2018 but is also part of 2017 SP i believe. 

Ive seen it suggested to use fence selection as a work around but that leaves a bit to be desired IMO. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Yes this capability was made available in the Update 1 I believe for AutoCAD 2017 and is also available in current 2018 product.  There is no way to reverse engineer the 2014 application to work in this manner.  There are some add-ins in Autodesk App Store that can be used to work with selection sets but I am not aware of one that will enable this capability.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta