Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long delay after hitting Open tab:

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
436 Views, 10 Replies

Long delay after hitting Open tab:

Had this issue the past year with LT2018 and have it with LT2020, when I hit the "open" button near the ribbon, it takes about 30 seconds for the dialogue box to appear..........same when trying to do a "save-as" or XREF a file.  I had tech support check network access and everything seems normal and computer resources..............my two coworkers have same computers and don't have this issue.  I've restored Autocad to default settings and it fixes the issue, but lose all my custom settings so not going that route again.  

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Your answer lies in your last sentence. When you reset your user settings, one of the things it loses is "recent files". You most likely have a recent file or files path that is pointing to something that doesn't exist and Windows will look for it forever (or in your case, 30 seconds) before giving up and telling AutoCAD it can't find it.

As another test, have one of your co-workers come to your PC, log in as themselves, then repeat your test under their Windows account.  I suspect it will work just fine. 

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Coworkers are out of office today....................how do I find out if it's searching for a file or path that doesn't exist?

Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

when you have redone your customization you can export the settings ... in case that issue reappears you can then import this backup of settings and so get back to work without losing your customization.

Details about saving and restoring the settings can be found >>>here<<<

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

After I went back to default settings, I then imported the custom settings back............still long delay.

Message 6 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I then imported the custom settings back

You should not restore the settings of a defect situation (which it was before you reset the profile).

My idea was that you

• reset settings to default
  • do your customization
  • save the settings ... as that is a set of your full customized environment ... to be used when you profile again gets defect.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 11
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:

After I went back to default settings, I then imported the custom settings back............still long delay.

Makes sense. You restored the corruption.

Reset your user settings, and don't open files from non-permanent sources (flash drives, temporary drive letters, box, dropbox, onedrive, etc.)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

thanks guys, will try later 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Did what you all suggested and it worked..............had to restore Plot settings but no lag...............BTW, I have Options, Display setup for Dark background, however, in Paper Space, it has white background, how do I change that to dark?

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Figured it out.

Message 11 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Did what you all suggested and it worked

Not sure who is "you", but good to know you got it working. Please mark the post you are referring to as "solution" so other readers can follow that.

>> however, in Paper Space, it has white background,

>> how do I change that to dark?

I would recommend to not do that (except you plot on black paper), because it's then more difficult to see what you will get on paper.

You'll find this setting in command _OPTIONS ==> tab "Display" and follow the screenshot:

20191030_194032_0001.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report