Did you mean: 

Legacy construction lines

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
384 Views, 7 Replies

Legacy construction lines

I am using AutoCAD 2015

I would like to use the legacy amconsthor & amconstver commands for construction lines or equivalent.  I don't want to click through multiple steps and don't need all the extended options.  I am just interested in a horizontal and vertical construction line that I can access quickly and simply.  What are my options?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ara_neresesian
in reply to: Anonymous

HI

you can use this "add on"

install it. https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=6678732553206347993&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

now you have everything just a click far from you.

Message 3 of 8
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

....  I am just interested in a horizontal and vertical construction line that I can access quickly and simply.  What are my options?

Does the regular XLINE command not do that for you?  I'm not sure about Acad2015, but in some version it acquired Horizontal and Vertical options, so you can place them with one positional pick rather than needing to pick twice for one.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

The xline is not red and involves an extra mouse step than the original amconstver or amconsthor.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ara_neresesian

What exactly is this add-on?  If I am going to defy company policy, I'd like an idea of what this is.

Message 6 of 8
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

The xline is not red and involves an extra mouse step than the original amconstver or amconsthor.

It can  be red [but why would the color matter? -- it can be any color], by a couple of different means, which can easily be built into a Tool Palette button, or other menu item.

If the initial letters of those command names indicate that they're specialty commands in AutoCAD Mechanical, there's a >Forum for that< where you might be better off going.  At least people there should be more familiar with how they work than we mere AutoCAD users who have never had those commands.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

AutoCAD Mechanical has a tool box.  I am looking for a feasible work around or a way to access the method that actually works.  If you aren't aware of one, thank you for your time.

Message 8 of 8
pendean

AutoCAD Mechanical forum is over here and might be the better place to ask https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-mechanical/ct-p/2002

And yes, you need full Windows admin log-in to install any add-on: if that violates your company policies you need to find out a solution over there to have it installed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report