Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load multiple custom palettes at one time

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rbolt
231 Views, 2 Replies

Load multiple custom palettes at one time

My company has made great use of custom tool palettes, we have about 25 custom palettes listing blocks, custom labels, notes, command shortcuts, and such. I'm getting ready to upgrade to 2020 and install on 16 systems. Each install I have to manually load each tool palette individually (takes a lot of time).

Does anyone know a way to write a scrip file to load palettes? Or, any other way to quickly load them?

Thanks,

Ricky

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cadffm
in reply to: rbolt

Something goes wrong on your side, please say: HOW do you "I have to manually load each tool palette individually"

Can not understand what you do at this point.

Toolpalettes, not Group?

What i have to do on "ACAD side" in this case:

I setup the toolpalette support path for the initial profile,

and then i  install the image on 16 workstation (with the right software with one click, or by the simple way - 16x1)

I suppose to be on a completely different topic?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: rbolt

Most of us set up one PC completely first (not just TPs, but like everything): have you done that yet? That is where you need to start.

If you like doing things manually/personally at each workstation is there any reason you are not able to use the provided EXPORT AUTOCAD 20xx SETTINGS option (which creates a ZIP file) from that one PC then use the provided IMPORT AUTOCAD 20xx SETTINGS tool on all the other PCs? Those two tools have been bundled with every AutoCAD installation for a very long time now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta