Did you mean: 

Linework not displaying?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
john_c_bernard
293 Views, 6 Replies

Linework not displaying?

Hello all,

I received some drawings from an outside vendor. The vendor themselves see the various linework they have placed, but we do not once we receive it. There are no missing xrefs, and all layers are on and unfrozen. Are there any other settings I can check to manipulate and see if we can bring up this linework? Communication with the vendor is sporadic and time consuming,  so I may not be able to get any answers from them right away, if I need to check their setup for anything.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: john_c_bernard

@john_c_bernard Share one of the DWG files and explain how you know content is missing and where it should be too.

Assuming that just cycling through your CANNOSCALE settings after you open the file with RECOVER command is not the solution.
Message 3 of 7

Do they use a different background color than you do, and is some of their linework in a color that is the same as [or too close to] your background color?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 7

Unfortunately this is not the case. Great thinking though!

Message 5 of 7
john_c_bernard
in reply to: pendean

Unfortunately, there is confidential information on this drawing and I cannot share it. Can you explain what you mean by cycling through the CANNOSCALE? Do you mean just changing the scale setting numbers until I see something? I know content is missing because 1.) there are leader lines and text pointing to non existent lines, 2.) I've seen a screenshot from the vendor detailing that they in fact see the linework.

Message 6 of 7
pendean
in reply to: john_c_bernard

@john_c_bernard wrote:

Unfortunately, there is confidential information on this drawing and I cannot share it. Can you explain what you mean by cycling through the CANNOSCALE? 

pendean_0-1670517570117.pngpendean_1-1670517599739.png

@john_c_bernard wrote:

I know content is missing because 1.) there are leader lines and text pointing to non existent lines, 2.) I've seen a screenshot from the vendor detailing that they in fact see the linework.

#1 means nothing sadly. They could have just forgot to add that content, or send you the wrong DWG file, or forgot to attach an xref when they should have, or they created a WBLOCK and forget to include the relevant content for you, or.... just sloppy CAD sharing because they don't use AutoCAD's ETRANSMIT command or they just don't use AutoCAD at all.

#2 Requires the vendor to help you out, not us way over here, not without your DWG files anyway. Sorry. I suggest a TEAMS or ZOOM call between you two where they can share screens, show you their processes to send you the files on their screens as they email you then you receive them, open them, and if you find any conflict you share your screens back and you two discuss it all a bit further.

HTH

Message 7 of 7
john_c_bernard
in reply to: pendean

That's what I suspected regarding the annotative scale, thank you for pointing that out.

It seems this is a vendor issue after all, thank you again for your response!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report