Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype MKLTYPE, lines lost center depending on direction.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
karina_pazL3MX9
793 Views, 11 Replies

Linetype MKLTYPE, lines lost center depending on direction.

3b5cd916-15f6-48dc-9828-a0720be46e9b.jpg

Hello, I create my Linetype using MKlinetype I watch many videos on youtube trying to find out the reason my linetype changes center i create a polilyne and a circle and you can see how one part totally loose the center of the line, I dont know what to do, anyone experience this same issue? any advice? thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

@karina_pazL3MX9 ,

Consider using MIRROR for the lower half of the circle. (then JOIN?)

ValentinWSP_0-1687892852336.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 12

is a circle and i dont want to break it on two parts, and mirror does not work. the linetype is not staying on the middle on some parts of geometries for the closed polyline figure and the circle.

Message 4 of 12

is 6 types of linetypes i need to do for work and all of them show the same issue, is not stable on the midle of the lines only if is horizontal stay in the middle, but any inclination my stubborn linetype dont stay in the middle.

Message 5 of 12

The problem is that the Unicode character called for is a superscript x, here as used within Mtext [I  changed just that character to red]:

Kent1Cooper_0-1687896280975.png

The character's "insertion point" is well below the drawn elements of it, which would cause exactly your issue.  Use an "ordinary" x of some kind instead.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 12

@karina_pazL3MX9 ,

You may also try to use a SHP instead.

Read the attached PDF [Linesanity_ A Journey from Simple to Complex Linetypes.pdf] to learn more.

ValentinWSP_0-1687896993708.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 7 of 12

they only want the X without the line next to it as you did create, i tried to create a shape and next the linetype  and I always get this error message.0c973bb2-72fc-459f-a009-a91b6717ab7b.jpg

Message 8 of 12

also i tried to do squares and the same issue happen. out of control the line about to stay in the middlecbfbf7d4-c67f-434b-9bff-2728e2569515.jpg

Message 9 of 12

I think your problem lies in the linetype definition file, with the u factor. This tells AutoCAD that the character must always be upright, and thus in a circle drawn with this linetype, half the line will have the characters rotated about their insertion point. To prevent this, replace the "u" in the definition with an "r" and you should have no trouble!

*X4,x
A,0,-1.353084,["\U+02DF",Standard,y=-2.030951,s=2.719994,u=0],-.646916

Message 10 of 12

@karina_pazL3MX9 ,

ValentinWSP_0-1687943466936.png

Use the files attached and follow the advise of the links below - or just copy/paste it from the drawing.

These links will provide helpful advise:

Emilio Valentin
Message 11 of 12

this is interesting but i dont understand it, where i should write U as definition? 

Message 12 of 12

OMG this fix it! God bless you! i love you! i convert the LIN file to notepad and change the U for and R as you say, and now is in the middle normal my line type. Thanks a lot! thank you!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report