Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader Arrow Disappears when increasing the arrowsize. Also the leader line gets messed up with graphics.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1895 Views, 5 Replies

Leader Arrow Disappears when increasing the arrowsize. Also the leader line gets messed up with graphics.

When a leader is added , arrow and annotation text is visible. 

But upon increasing the arrow size to a larger value from 2 to 200 , arrow disappears from the leader. Also the leader line gets messed up with the graphics. 

Please let me know if how to resolve this. Please find the attached file  and screenshot for understanding the issue. 

abhinavchalavadhiukg_0-1599026629952.png

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

arrow size and leader length are tied together: the larger the arrow, the much longer your leader line needs to be to accommodate it.

Q: why are you manually changing the arrow size instead of setting it once, correctly, in MLEADERSTYLE command?
Message 3 of 6
vinodkl

Hi @Anonymous 

I problem is with the way the leader is created. You have created the leader with just two points and that's why it's acting weird when you increase the arrow size. And why are you trying to increase the arrow size to value of 200, when 5 seems to be good?  Try creating the leader with three-point instead of 2-point to resolve the issue and my advice would be if you are using leader with mtext then better to go the mleader instead of just leader🙂

See the attachment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The application we use is placed on top of autocad. It is the customer who is trying to change the size of the arrow from the leader properties ->arrowsize.

At the time of  leader creation, Is there any possibility to restrict the user from specifying the larger size so that for any type of leader, arrow will be visible all the time.

Message 5 of 6
pendean

No, there is no restrictions option, just training and creating more than one MLEADERSTYLE to accommodate the users many needs.

Message 6 of 6
saarpreme

If the change is only for this one plan, you can explode the leader and edit the arrow within the block editor. Here you can scale the arrow to a factor of 100 (size 2=>200). Just be sure to scale the arrow part only, not the line that is leading up to it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta