Keynoting in AutoCAD Workflow

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Jake_PCH
493 Views, 6 Replies

Keynoting in AutoCAD Workflow

Dear all,

I am trying to streamline notes on drawings by introducing keynotes and am hoping to gain some feedback and advice based on the keynote workflow I have currently applied.

This workflow is shown in the attached example file, and is based on that suggested by Libbya in the following forum post;

Keynote block - Autodesk Community - AutoCAD

While any advice is welcomed, specific queries that have arisen are as follows;

1. How can the keynote tag be made opaque?
  2. Can the text within the block be justified?
  3. Is there a way for the keynote tags to retain their association when copying them?

All the best,

Jake

Labels (5)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Jake_PCH

@Jake_PCH wrote:

...While any advice is welcomed, specific queries that have arisen are as follows;

3. Is there a way for the keynote tags to retain their association when copying them?

1) You can add a mask under the tag keynote with either a WIPEOUT or a DONUT set to RGB colors 255,255,255 with DRAWORDER command. But I would create your own block in a custom-to-you MLEADERSTYLE instead of relying on the stock OOTB offering that will always fail to honor your changes more often than not.

2) Yes, especially since you are going to be creating your own keynote block with your own attribute and your own justification, or BATTMAN command can be used after the fact to edit all instances of the block (not the MLEADER with the block in it) like this

pendean_0-1713542591780.png

3) Can you do that with dimensions? Not sure you can with MLeaders either, but it may depend on how you "copy them" and where to, can you share examples in screenshots?

Message 3 of 7
Jake_PCH
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean,

Apologies for the delayed reply but thank you for the advice.

3. The below image shows the result from copying and pasting the same MLEADER.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 103541.png

Message 4 of 7
cadffm

@Jake_PCH wrote:

specific queries that have arisen are as follows;

Are you talking about the grey field background? You should keep it, otherwise you can't see that it is a linked textvalue. FIELDDISPLAY<enter>[F1]

Why not? What is your Problem to edit the attribut or the blockdefinition?

May I ask: Are you familiar wir Blocks? and Attributes? and Fields?

They do!

All copies will refering to the same source object/property, IF PRESENT at your target file.

The command to copy things in Autocad from/to the same space is: COPY

You are talking about export/import objects by using the windows clipboard (copy&paste)

Copy&Paste can't work this way, but it is good to create a copy which refers to a NEW SOURCE object.
To get it work, you have to copyclip the field and the source-object in one step!

For example, select the 33 Note and the 33 text,

the new createrd/pasted 33note will refer to the new/pasted 33 text.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Jake_PCH
in reply to: cadffm

Hi CADFFM,

Thank you very much for bringing to light the difference between the 2 copy methods - QUERY NO. 3 SOLVED! 👍

Message 6 of 7
Jake_PCH

Regarding query no. 1 (Opaque background);

Is it possible to create an appropriate (circle with opaque fill) block to add as a source block within the Multileader Style settings shown in the screenshot below?

Jake_PCH_0-1716472325986.png

Message 7 of 7
Jake_PCH

2 minutes after posting I've found the solution to my own question;

Simply draw the Multileader, /EXPLODE, edit circle block, add CIRCULAR WIPEOUT (C2WIPE - attached LISP), save block.

QUERY NO.1 - SOLVED! 👍

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report