Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard shortcuts not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
407 Views, 5 Replies

keyboard shortcuts not working

keyboard commands are not working. When i do m enter for move or rotate then a box appears nothing will work. Please tell me a solution as soon as possible.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kennyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forums Ankita Gupta!

In the future, please let us know what version of the software you are using.

I was able to open the file and zoom, move and rotate without problem.  I tried it by selecting an object first, then hitting 'M' and by hitting 'M' and then selecting the object.  I also used the standard ribbon commands.

Without knowing what the dialogue box you are seeing it, it makes it hard to guess the problem.  With the object selected, the box should be asking for your base point (in move).  Without an object selected, the box would be asking what object(s) to select.

The file is very rough; there are few to no layers being used and no layouts being utilized.  It appears there are a lot of images and other 3rd party files being referenced/x-refed into the file; it is possible the machine is just on delay between the keyboard command and the graphic display catching up.

I would recommend you organize your layouts and at a minimum place them on layers so you can turn on/off to see only those sheets you are currently working on.  Using the layout tabs would also help with this (as far as video processing/CPU time).

The other thing to check is in a new CAD file or another CAD file see if you can use the commands; this would help narrow it down to an install/program issue or a file issue.

I hope these tips help. Best of luck with your Thesis!

Kenny

Message 3 of 6
TheCADnoob

if you use ribbon commands or the commands available when you right click do those work?

Also if you type out MOVE as opposed to M does it make a difference?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
pendean

What box appears? Show us a screenshot of that.
Message 5 of 6
SeeMSixty7

There are a few possibilities, actually a lot of possibilities, grin, but look into some of these.

locate your acad.pgp file and make sure it has the proper alias definitions. Type the following at the command prompt to find which one is loading.

(findfile "acad.pgp")

That should tell you where the acad.pgp file is located that is being loaded.

Another potential is your alias commands are defined in a lisp file. When the drawing loads, hit F2 and read what scrolls by, do you see any error messages?

Good luck,

Message 6 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I too had no difficulty working in your drawing. Your drawing appears to be healthy and none of your layers are locked.I assume that your ribbon commands are working but only your keyboard shortcuts are failing.

If you go to the Express Tools and click on Command Aliases button, does it show the M for move?Capture.PNG

Can you verify that your PGP file is still available? It is typically stored here:

C:\\Users\\USERNAME\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\autocad 2017\\r21.0\\enu\\support\\acad.pgp

Please use your Windows Snipping Tool to capture the error message when you try to execute the commands.

If all else fails, you can try a Reset Settings to Default which will return your installation back to int's original state (customizations will be removed)

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report