Did you mean: 

Keeping text in x-ref at 0deg.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
david_santosMCKAH
200 Views, 2 Replies

Keeping text in x-ref at 0deg.

Hi Community,

I am looking for a way to keep the text in a x-ref at zero deg. rotation; when the x-ref is rotated using the view cubes rotation.

to explain in more detail, i have a building comprised of 15 rooms per floor, i have created separate x-refs for the walls, furniture, equipment and room names ect. Our problem is that the layout maps we create are read by a multiple disciplinary group of people that each have a specific way they would prefer the map orientated when reading/carrying out works. the building is rectangular and each time its is used we have to rotate it to best fit use and paper space, it is normally rotated via the view cube for ease. is there a way to rotate via the view cube but keep the text readable (horizontal/0deg).

i have attached a very rudimentary idea of what we are looking for, any assistance will be appreciated.

david_santos1_0-1711121436618.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vinodkl
in reply to: david_santosMCKAH

Hello @david_santosMCKAH 

This is possible, if the text in the xref uses a style that is annotative and has the "Match text orientation to layout" option checked in text style. Note that, this would not orient the text in the model space to 0 degrees, but in layout, it would be at 0 degrees 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: david_santosMCKAH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta