Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining lines and arcs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
zjhetzle
288 Views, 2 Replies

Joining lines and arcs

I'm trying to join a series of lines and arcs, and having trouble actually getting it to accept either Join or Mpedit.  I've also tried flattening the series of features to make it work, but it still won't join.  I need them to be joined to be able to extrude the entire feature that is drawn in 2D.  Any help is much appreciated - thanks!

zjhetzle_0-1652995868385.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leeminardi
in reply to: zjhetzle

Check that the end points of the line and arc segments are coincident.  For example, with object snap set to End, I checked the distance from the end of the polyline to the beginning of the arc in the figure below by picking at locations 1 and 2.  The distance shown is greater than zero.  Adding a new arc that snapped to the endpoints enabled pedit to join the polyline and arc.

leeminardi_0-1653009288141.png

lee.minardi
Message 3 of 3
AVCPlugins
in reply to: leeminardi

I also constantly struggled with this problem, until I made the AVC_OutsideLoop plugin (OSL command), which itself fixes all problems and closes any contour into a polyline. Now I have no problems with inverted arcs, small gaps and intersections. And besides, the program immediately optimizes the number of polyline segments.

Plugins for AutoCAD
A>V>C>
AppStore | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta