Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items diplaying which aren't really there, in model space and within every block

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
445 Views, 10 Replies

Items diplaying which aren't really there, in model space and within every block

I'm currently having an issue where some blocks within my drawing have become an entity within my model space.  I cannot get rid of the item/entity and when I click into a block (any block) the item/entity appears within the block editor.  I still cannot select the item but if I zoom and regen it moves and changes size.

My colleague had the same issue on AutoCAD Architecture 2014 a few months ago (a toolbar was faded in the background of blocks) but this is now happening on my computer which is using AutoCAD 2015 and is of a higher specification.  It has been suggested that it could be an error with the video driver but I thought I'd see if anyone else has heard of this before and knows a way to resolve it.

Please see attached, screen prints.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried AUDIT to try to find errors in the drawing, and/or WBLOCK to export your geometry to a "clean" new drawing.

Does toggling Hardware Acceleration ON or OFF have any affect.

Can you attach a sample drawing here that exhibits the behavior.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

I've turned the hardware acceleration off and I've tried linesmooth set to 0. My drawing then crashed and now I've recovered it, it now won't let me do anything. I've tried typing audit with no luck but also lost the bar across the bottom including model and paper space tabs, controls for workspace, osnap, ortho etc.
Message 4 of 11
nestly2

You may want to copy your original dwg file and the .bak file to a safe location just in case you need to revert to them.

The statusbar and the model/layout tabs may return if you resize the AutoCAD window. (graphics issue with AutoCAD2015 when alternating betweeen single and multple monitors)  If not, perhaps try STATUSBAR = 1 at the command line.

That it crashed after changing hardware settings indicates a graphics issue.  (or it could have been a coincidence because of the corrupt object you were previously experiencing)  What video card are you using, are you using a current video driver?

Can you attach the problem drawing here?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Please see attached.  I really hope it doesn't cause you a problem.

The first is before it crashed and the second is the recovered drawing but I haven't been able to save since I have recovered it as cannot type any commands .  I can't even zoom extents.  When I resize the window it makes no difference.  I will keep trying but thank you for taking a look.

Message 6 of 11
kcobabe

Do a quick select and see if you have any proxy entities.  I noticed you said at one point you were using Architecture 2014 and are now using AutoCAD 2015.  Well many of those objects in that program will need the object enabler.

When I opened these in my software I did not see what you are seeing.  Then again because I work a lot with people who use Revit, MEP, Plant 3D, etc..  I have object enablers out the wazoo.  All you need to do is go into your platform in the support and downloads and download all the OEs for the other programs.  Hopefully this fixes your issue.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: kcobabe

I'm only using AutoCAD now as 2 licences have been upgraded to infrastructure. We do not use the capabilities of Architecture, still unsure why we have it installed. The problem happened before on my colleagues computer but when I opened the drawing I could not replicate it and didn't see the same as her. Maybe it is a driver error and not AutoCAD. The IT technician is going to reload drivers tomorrow to see if this resolves the issue if not I will try the OE's.
Message 8 of 11
nestly2

I haven't experienced any trouble with either drawing yet (AutoCAD2015 SP2 and no OE's loaded) but obviously both are missing the xref file.

On the original file, AUDIT found/fixed 606 errors, resulting in a drawing with 4738 entities  (SELECT > ALL)

On the _recover file, after Recovery, 607 errors were found/fixed resulting in a drawing with 6554 (SELECT > ALL)

There are visual differences between the drawings (most notabley the hatches) but I'm not sure why the _recovered drawing contains about 30% more total objects.

I don't know if it will help, but here's two versions of the orignal back.  One had been AUDITED only, the other AUDITED and WBLOCKed.

PS, I don't necessarily think it's related, but in both drawings, there are 29 duplicates of all the lines in your grid, and 29 duplicate texts and other objects at the upper-left of the floorplan.

Message 9 of 11
nestly2

Did you resolve the issue with the statusbar & model/Layout tabs?  If not, have you tested to see if they work with a different drawing?

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

I repeatedly tried the error drawing and the status bar and layout tabs did not load.  However, When I opened another drawing and then open the error drawing it worked ok.  Still not back to normal but it seems the drawing is possibly corrupt and it isn't my AutoCAD.

Thank you for attaching the drawings.

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

updating video drivers seems to have resolved the issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta