ISO Dimensions in Paper Space

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lbellino4
796 Views, 3 Replies

ISO Dimensions in Paper Space

Hello.

I need to add dimensions to an ISO view (NW Isometric) that I have set in a viewport in paper space. I added a dimension, which is accurate, but the angle of it, doesn't look right to me, unless it is. I'm trying to get it to look like the second image attached. Is there a way to do this? I already have my ISO scale factor set to 1.2247487 and the Dimassoc at 2. Thanks in advance for the help.

ISO Dimension.PNGISO Dimension2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADnoob
in reply to: lbellino4

if its in the same drawing you can try MATCHPROP, if its not you can try using AIDIMSTYLE to create the style used in the right drawing and then use it in another drawing. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
lbellino4
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Unfortunately, the Matchprop won't work in this case, since the image I provided was given to me in an email image. And also found out the person that did the dimension in the second image I provided, wasn't really a dimension, but leader lines/lines to create a "fake" dimension. Is the type of dimension style that I'm looking for not possible and what I created in the first image, the norm?

Message 4 of 4
TheCADnoob
in reply to: lbellino4

There are some limitation when it comes to dimensions but i believe you can get close to what you are looking for. 

If you change the text rotation in the dimension properties to 30 (or negative 30) it should match the annotation text angle. If you want to get rid of the 'leader landing' in the dimension leader you can change the text offset to 0 in the properties. This will bring the leader right next to the text. if that doesn't look good you can insert blank spaces as the prefixes to the dimension. This should get you fairly close to the pictured dimension. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta