Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient Memory To Open Drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
845 Views, 5 Replies

Insufficient Memory To Open Drawing

Am getting the above error when opening an 85MB file... I usually click on the Ignore button for our VBA or LISP process to continue...

Is there a way to disable the above error message thru AutoCAD system variable, VBA or LISP???

Thanks...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your Windows Paging File is too small: 85MB File will eat up resrouces. Bump it up significantly.

There is nothing to turn off inside AutoCAD to make this problem go away, but if you have a custom AutoCAD profile that does not pre-load add-ons it might get closer to having a 'pure' load..

Turning off ALL background running apps may help too.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

thanks dean... by how much would be an appropriate increase in the pagefile that would avoid this prompt???

Message 4 of 6
pendean

1.5x your system RAM is minimum, I would start at 2x and slowly go up by 0.5x
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

thanks again... we opted to add a routine in our vba command that will monitor the popping of the prompt upon opening any files... this will avoid future changes if larger files will be encountered... 🙂

Message 6 of 6
braudpat

Hello

I hope you are going to run a x64 version of ACAD 201X on Win x64 !?

Because with the x64 ACAD 201X and a lot of memory (16/24/32 Gb) you have almost "no limit" with the size of the DWG you can create/edit/etc ...

My personal GIS/Maps test DWG is about 280 Mb and I can load it with my 32 Gb workstation but 16 Gb memory would be enough !

My Windows Swap file is physically set to 32 Gb but (as said Pendean) it could be more : between x2 & x3 the physical memory is a good value !

With the ACAD 2000-2007, you are x86 - The 32 bits "ACAD.exe" (2000-2016) can use only about 1.3 Gb of memory and after BOUM !

So if unfortunately, you are x86 please "follow" the "ACAD.exe" task with the Windows Task Manager ...

If you approach this value, there is no solution ! Please switch to x64 and a minimum of 8 Gb ! 

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta