Indirect contour drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
363 Views, 3 Replies

Indirect contour drawing

Hi,

I am sorry for my language skills, but I just learn englisch. Few days ago I received a plan of some surface:

warstwice.png

Between contour 215 and 220 I have 5 meters, 3 lines - the distance between them is 1.25m. My teacher said, that I have to make indirect contours with 1m distance between them - I need to draw another 4 contour lines, but I have no idea how to generate such line that will be in 1/5 distance betwen i.e. contour 215 and 216,25. I hope, you understood what I mean.

I use AutoCad 2013. Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

IF I understood the question, if the contour lines are plines wouldn't dividing the space between the contours (1.25/4) and using that as an offset distance work?

Am I missing the mark?

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: drjohn

If I understood good your post I try to reply.

kola.png

I tried to move the line in way that you are describing but, I noticed that i.e. distance between two contours in first ellipse is another than in second one. Would be amazing if I could move whole line point by point (one line has several points; all contours are splines). Can I do this or there is no such tool?

Message 4 of 4
hgasty1001
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

The only reasonable way to generate a new contour curve is interpolating using the slope between curves.

Gaston Nunez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report