Did you mean: 

Import Georefimg Files in AutoCAD

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
4020 Views, 10 Replies

Import Georefimg Files in AutoCAD

Hi, I have downloaded Georefimg files and saved on Desktop. How do I import them in AutoCAD to get Tab for them. Any help please.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know that plain AutoCAD can bring a geared image in at real world corridnates.   I know that map 3d and civil 2d have the ability with the mapiinsert command.  you can bring the image into autocad manually using the xref palette, from there you can scale it and move it to the proper coords manually.  I've got an old spreadsheet that I used to use to do some of this.  when I get to the office tomorrow I'll try to find it and post back.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 11
vladimir_michl

If you have downloaded the manual installation, extract the .VLX file, load it into your AutoCAD session with APPLOAD and type the GeoRefImg command. You can also install GeoRefImg conveniently with its ribbon tab from apps.autodesk.com. See www.cadstudio.cz/georefimg

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hello,

I have xrefed a tiff image into my drawing and have the associated twf world file saved in the same folder.  I have also successfully loaded the georefimg command into AutoCAD Basic, but when I type the commad and select the raster image it says the file was "repositioned to [0.0069,5.1458] and scaled 0.013889x using the world file" but nothing happened to the image. It is still the same size as when I first xrefed it into the drawing.  Why is the tiff image not resizing?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 11
vladimir_michl

By "xrefed", do you mean IMAGEATTACHed? The mentioned repositioning message (without any error message) means that the image was successfully modified. Are you sure there were no duplicate images (overlap) or some other special cases?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: vladimir_michl

Yes I attched the image.  And no unfortunately there are no other duplicate images, it just stayed the same.  

I just tried another tiff and instead of sizing the image up it sized down which isn't correct. 

Message 7 of 11
vladimir_michl

Strange, there are hundreds of GeoRefImg users, no such problems so far. So the image does not change no matter how the TFW file looks like? Which AutoCAD version are you using? Can you post a sample TFW file?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I'm using Autocad Basic 2017.  I have now tried a few different tiff attachments with their corresponding twf files and either the image doesn't change or it scales down.  I even tried a tiff that I successfully resized using "georefimg" on another computer which had Autocad Architecture 2016 (which has since died).  On that computer the tiff resized correctly, so that leads me to believe that it isn't an issue with the twf file.  

Message 9 of 11
vladimir_michl

The "Basic" (with capital "B") confuses me a bit - do you mean plain AutoCAD 2017? AutoCAD 2017 and 2016 should behave the same way, there were no differences in this functionality.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Yes, I'm currently using plain autocad 2017 and previously used autocad architecture 2016.

Message 11 of 11
vladimir_michl

Mystery. I would need your DWG (just the image reference is enough, the raster file is not needed) and the TFW file to analyze it. You can send it directly to info@cadstudio.cz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report