Import a JSON or GEOJSON file Autocad 2D

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
c_ly0745K37
502 Views, 4 Replies

Import a JSON or GEOJSON file Autocad 2D

Good evening community,
I would like to import a file into my AutoCAD drawing.  For my case, it is the built plans of Paris, a point cloud and 2D vectors.  Only the file appears as follows in my drawing space.  Should I convert my file to pdf or dwg format or is there anything to do to open the file?
Thank you

c_ly0745K37_0-1717705121742.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: c_ly0745K37

No variant of AutoCAD can import those two file types. Sorry.

The image you see in AutoCAD means nothing.

Read this

https://www.cadforum.cz/en/how-to-load-geojson-data-into-autocad-map-civil-3d-infraworks-tip13873#go...

and

https://mygeodata.cloud/converter/geojson-to-autocad

Message 3 of 5
TerryDotson

A GeoJSON file is usually in latitude and longitude, which is a spherical coordinate system and CAD drawings are planar.  That means your GeoJSON data has to be projected to a known plane system.  The link pendean listed may get you there if you have those products.

There is an add-on for AutoCAD that will allow direct import of GeoJSON files assuming your current drawing is assigned a proper coordinate system.

Message 4 of 5
c_ly0745K37

I read what was written to me yesterday.  I then installed an application "reaConverter 7" because mygeodata pays if the file is more than 5MB to convert a geojson file to dxf.  Once imported everything works fine!

I don't know the extension you're talking about other than TerryDotson but it could be interesting.

No, possibly the only problem with the file lies in its tracing.  It has many hatchings.  Do you know how I could easily remove them? I want to have only the vectors as around the cursor.
c_ly0745K37_0-1717745539119.png

Message 5 of 5
pendean

@c_ly0745K37 wrote:
...I then installed an application "reaConverter 7" because mygeodata pays if the file is more than 5MB to convert a geojson file to dxf ...

Nice find.

Since you have the file imported and open, start clicking on objects to find what you can and cannot delete, reach out to that add-on's support team if the imported objects are not working the way you want, it is their conversion tool after all.

Best wishes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta