Did you mean: 

Image inserted on paper space disappears when selected to move

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
2590 Views, 15 Replies

Image inserted on paper space disappears when selected to move

Helppppp, I’ve inserted images into paper space layout page but when I select to move the image to a different place the image disappears and I can’t see where I’m placing it. Usually I can see the image when im moving it!? Annoying me and making things take double the time. If someone could help that would be great thanks

Image attached shows when I’ve clicked the image, clicked move, clicked the image to move up down etc and it disappears so I can’t see where it’s going!
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you only mean the moment by moving?

Check DRAGMODE (set to default = 2)

Or have you problems to see the image after placing?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Yes, I can see the image on the page after moving and before moving it’s only when it’s selected and I am moving it that I can’t see the image ?

Drag mode?
Message 4 of 16
Patchy

Image doesn't show during moving, it only shows the FRAME.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

It doesn’t show the frame either just the dashed line showing the direction I’m moving the image to. The attached picture shows this. I click image select to move, click the image and it disappears and there’s a dashed line showing the direction and when I click again the image returns but because I can’t see where it’s going I’m having to do small movements all the time to get it in the right place?
Message 6 of 16
Patchy

One thing you can try is config your graphic card , use FRAME command and try another settings. I don't have new autocad to test the new options.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Hm not sure how to do that, thanks anyway can’t seem to figure it out!
Message 8 of 16
cadffm

What i try to ask:
Is your dragmode set to 2?
ESC
ESC
Command: DRAGMODE
2<enter>

Then the frame should displaying during move command (not the whole image).

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

@Anonymous hello

How are you bringing in your image?  Are you inserting off of the XREF manager?  If not, open your XREF manager window and click on insert, select image and browse out to the image.  You should be able to then place and scale or size your image where ever in paper space you select.  Then if you need to move it you will not lose sight of it in motion.  Keep it out of a viewport. 

Message 10 of 16
Ed.Jobe

Is IMAGEFRAME set to 0? Make sure its set to 1.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Sorry I’m not a AutoCAD expert so not familiar with all these different terms XREF? When I insert a picture on paper space / page layout I got to the top and click insert, then attach, I select the image I want and click on and place and scale on my page. I’ve never had a problem before with the image disappearing when I move it around so not sure what’s happened 😞 It’s not in a viewport either
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

How do I see if the image frame is wrong?
Thanks
Message 13 of 16
Ed.Jobe

Its a AutoCAD variable. Type IMAGEFRAME at the command line.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

@Anonymous Hi,  XREF is the command one types in the command line to open up the External Reference window manager. To see if it makes any difference i would type in XREF in your command. In that window the first option is Insert dwg.  Click on the drop down arrow next to it and click on image instead.  Then just go through the prompts to browse out to your image.  (i am assuming its a .jpeg or .tiff?)  Place the image and from there you should be able to place where you need and scale as you want.   To remove the border line the comes in with the image just type in the command  IMAGEFRAME and set variable from 1 to 0.  

Message 15 of 16
depinkley

Just set IMAGEFRAME to 1 and you will be able to see border of image while moving

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: depinkley

YASSS! This works thank you!!!! 😃

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report