Did you mean: 

Image disapear

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
470 Views, 7 Replies

Image disapear

My new company uses image files that are inserted into layout, but the images keep disappearing on me even though the source files aren't being moved. Any ideas on how I can correct this? 

Thanks

Kevin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI kev65,

Sounds like an interesting issue. Is it possible to attach some of the files involved so I can investigate and try to duplicate the issue on my side? Things I am going to look for include:

file type and size

file locations

file path type

locked layers/viewports

security/permissions

I look forward to helping you with this problem.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 8
TheCADnoob

When are these images disappearing?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

They disapear when I reopen the drawing, there are just names of the files where the picture should be.

Message 5 of 8
TheCADnoob

are these image files on a server?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
john.vellek

HI kev65,

I haven't seen an update on your post so I thought I would check back to see if your problem is resolved or to see if you need additional input. If you can attach the files it would help in figuring out what is happening.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

The only thing I figured out is the images HAVE to be in the same folder as the drawing. I had them in a sub-folder and for some reason AutoCAD loses track of them, even though they were in the same location when I attached them.

I was hoping to find a way to permanently attach images, as they are the part manufactures information and certification, and I won't need to change.

Thanks for the help with this!

Message 8 of 8
john.vellek

Hi kev65,

It sounds like you are having problems with your file path using the Xref manager. can you take a screen shot and show me the file path information to your images?

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report