How to highlight Layer or Objects

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
luis-pl
3175 Views, 3 Replies

How to highlight Layer or Objects

Hello people,

I am trying to efficiently highlight a Layer or multiple Layers for quick visualizations purposes.

What I want is to isolate the objects of a Layer in a special way that allows me to see them where they are amidst the huge information I have in the drawing.

The only solution I have (and bear in mind, this solution is very tiring and time wasting), is to select all layers, change their color to dark grey, and then change the color of the desired layer to a bright color like yellow. Then I have to undo all or it might mess up my drawing. But this doesn't always work because some objects don't have the "Color by Layer" property, so I have to manually change its color.

Another solution is to isolate the Layer, but when I isolate the Layer I can't see the rest of the drawing so it's not that useful.

But maybe there is a Lisp command that allows to quickly highlight the objects of a layer, or any object wanted, similarly to how the Quick Select command works, but instead of selecting objects, it would highlight them from other ones, like with a bright color contrasted with a dark unsaturated color. It would be sooooo useful.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MSewell
in reply to: luis-pl

How about layer states (command LAS)

Message 3 of 4
RobDraw
in reply to: luis-pl

The isolate layer command has an option to lock and fade the other layers. Check your settings.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: MSewell

The command name is LAYISO:
LAYISO.png

Call it up and use the Settings option to choose how you want un-selected Layers to be handled.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report