How to hatch thin metal sheeting into flashings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
AKL-STEEL
612 Views, 7 Replies

How to hatch thin metal sheeting into flashings

Hi

I have the factory dwg for the flashings we use, but as i to hatch them, there seems to be a gap or to that i cant connect. Can some one please show me how to do this. 

Iw attached the file.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
leeminardi
in reply to: AKL-STEEL

Giving the hatch and selecting the geometry seems to work fine.

leeminardi_0-1668901001477.png

leeminardi_1-1668901043062.png

lee.minardi
Message 3 of 8
AKL-STEEL
in reply to: leeminardi

I can hatch the profile. My gap tolerance is set to maximum.

Can it have something to with other settings.

app picture.jpg

Message 4 of 8
imadHabash

Click on below image and try to make a polyline around your shape .. then Hatch by Select option.

Hatch.gif

Message 5 of 8
AKL-STEEL
in reply to: imadHabash

Excellent, you solved it (the topic), anyway iam not completing my goal. You see. The drawing is made so that i can create a profile in tekla, and I thought the issue where that there were gaps between the lines.

But it maight just be something else. If anyone have any experiance with creating sectins in autocad for tekla profile plz tell me what i do wrong. And I hope I dont brake any rules mentioning Tekla in this forum.

Message 6 of 8
ВeekeeCZ

It works for me too. See https://autode.sk/3TSGkgD 

Here are some tricks.

1) the best results and the most reliable way is to create an outer boundary of the closed polyline, then hatch this object. To be able to do that, you need to clear your boundary objects from overlaps. There is one place where you have 3 lines overlapping, that's an issue that needs to be fixed. You can use OVERKILL to help this out.

This method is reliable but could be time-consuming.

2) Hatch by picking an internal point. Better set some gap tolerance, 

BeekeeCZ_0-1668939413375.png

When hatching, make sure that you can see the entire boundary on your screen. This is essential. I know, that then you might get into trouble to hit the gap but that's the way it is. If this does not help, just draw a line or two to shrink the hatched area... and harch that separately. Even that are some cases that are impossible to hatch by picking an internal point (mostly arc-to-arc intersections)... in these cases, you will need to draw the outer boundary manually using a closed polyline and hatch this object.

HTH

Message 7 of 8
AKL-STEEL
in reply to: ВeekeeCZ

Hi and thx. So good to get some input, cause its driving me a bit mad due to time limitations.

Thanks for pointing to a fault that can be the reason behind why tekla does not show the section as a profile when defining it as a dwg.

I will try this option when iam back on my desktop (currently workig from the football fields, kid trainig)

Can I bother you with finishing this profile for me so that it has a closed boundary without overlapping lines, and then share it with me here in this thread. If tekla excepts this that would realy fuel my drive to have the next 30 flashing edited to work.

Message 8 of 8
AKL-STEEL

Hi

Overkill did the trick,  Now Iam creating profiles easily. Thank you sow much. I was afraid I had to redraw them all. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report