Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a projection from pfacemeshes?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
379 Views, 5 Replies

How to get a projection from pfacemeshes?

I got model imported from other software (perhaps TEKLA) in .dxf. 

All the parts are pfacemeshes and I've tried all ways I can, solview, solprofile, or the section plane... still can't get any projection shape from the medels.

All the command warning "not solid" subject...

Attachment is a few parts from the whole model, is there any method to get the projection shape in 2D, please !

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I apologize that I only now just found your post.

I took a look at your model and it was indeed tricky to play with as I could not get it into a solid by a whole variety of attempts.

So, I brought it into Fusion 360 and converted the Mesh to BREP and then exported as a Step file.

Capture.PNG

This file I was able to import back into AutoCAD. It is now comprised of solids.  From there, I used viewbase to create projected views and then I used EXPORTTOLAYOUT to get the 2D drawings.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

A lot of steps. I hope this helps. I performed all of these steps in 2018 product. Since the Viewbase is involved it will not be editable in older versions.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you @john.vellek, your answer is very helpful, I'll try it !

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, @john.vellek, I tried your method but got stuck in the very first step,  how did you "brought it into Fusion 360".

Sorry I didn't use Fusion 360, but I tried dragging the .dwg into the interface, i tried inserting .dxf as sketch, I tried create model in vain.

So, could you make it more detailed especially for the operation in Fusion 360, I can handle it in the AutoCAD myself, thanks again !

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you, i've found a link to a training vedio.

Message 6 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am glad you found a video. I was away from the Community much of yesterday so I apologize for the delayed response. If you are still stuck, please let me know how I might assist.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta