Did you mean: 

How to change grid line colour?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1504 Views, 5 Replies

How to change grid line colour?

Hi everyone!

For some reason I can't work out how to change the colour of the grid lines so would really appreciate some help. I'm running AutoCAD 2018 on MacOS, and I've looked all over the internet but can't find a solution! Everything I have found has been for Windows, so the variation in menus between the two has made it hard or impossible to follow, especially for a beginner! Snap and Grid tab under Drafting settings doesn't have a colour option, and neither do any of the tabs in Preferences. Am going insane trying to do this! Was making a grid with A4 sized squares so I can join 2 printed layouts together; I'm an architecture student and the lockdown has meant I can't access any large printers unfortunately. All I want is an A3 site plan to be able to trace, and thought this would be an easy process I could repeat if needed whilst we are stuck at home! I'd appreciate any help!

Many Thanks,

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
qnologi
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 6
imadHabash

Hi,

>> I'm running AutoCAD 2018 on MacOS,

i suggest to try here . >> Click << 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thank you! Apologies, wasn't aware of a separate forum!

Message 5 of 6
GrantsPirate

I don't have access to the Mac version and there is a forum for Mac users.  Just in case, in the windows version of AutoCAD you go into Options, Display tab, Colors button, Modelspace, find the grid color settings and change as desired.  Please confirm that you have tried that or that Mac AutoCAD doesn't have Options command.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Hey, yes I've tried this. Options command will take me to a fairly useless and typical  "Application Preferences" which doesn't seem nearly as fleshed out as the windows version. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta