Did you mean: 

HOW TO CENTER A CIRCLE

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3509 Views, 8 Replies

HOW TO CENTER A CIRCLE

I have a problem,i have 1 straight line and i have a crooked line. The angle of the crooked line isn't 100% sure yet. Now i have a circle that needs to be centered between 2 lines. One of the lines is straight and the other one is crooked. So basicly i have a circle with a straight line above the it, and a crooked line to the left of it. I want the the distance from the midpoint to the lines to be the same on both lines. Does anybody know how to do this? 

https://gyazo.com/8643bd3969a7ca8dee4636c72d64dc80 - Here you have a screenshot of what the problem is.

If anybody knows an answer, help me asap!

Thanks,

Bas

P.S. I added the autocad file so if somebody could change this for me, i would appreciate it very much

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I suggest to use Mid Between 2 Points as you see from the attached image. active your command then use Shift+right click.

fsdf.png

i was wondering if there is any crooked lines in your drawing?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Hi imadhabash,

Thanks for your reply. By crooked line i meant the line on the left. Crooked isn't really the right word haha. It's the line that's not perfectly vertical but has an angle. When i hold shift and right click and click on 'mid between 2 points' it says unknown command even though its there, really weird.

Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> When i hold shift and right click and click on 'mid between 2 points' it says unknown

>> command even though its there,

An object snap is not a command, which you can start directly.

You need first to start a command (like _LINE or _CIRCLE) and when you are asked for a point, then you can use the object snap, so now you can use <SHIFT><RightMouseClick> and select mid-between-2-points.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 9
imadHabash

yes that's right because this osnap working while an active command ( as i mentioned). you can move any object and catch it from some certain point then put it at the mid of two points.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Alright thank you, now i know how that works. The only problem is, i dont know where the 2 points are. The problem is that i dont know the length from the midpoint of the circle to the sides. Is there a way to calcutlate the size of the 2 lines while the midpoint of the white circle is still on the yellow circle.

https://gyazo.com/7fc110cddbbc5687c008d72d06c07edf

Message 7 of 9
imadHabash

Let AutoCAD do this for you by using proper osnap mode from OSNAP command.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks for you responds, i didtn succeed in what i wanted to happen but thanks for the help anyways. Kudos 😉

Message 9 of 9
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

.... i dont know where the 2 points are. The problem is that i dont know the length from the midpoint of the circle to the sides. Is there a way to calcutlate the size of the 2 lines while the midpoint of the white circle is still on the yellow circle.

I am wondering whether your image is correct.  It indicates the distance perpendicular from the upper horizontal Line to the center of the Circle is to be the same as the distance horizontally from [apparently] the end of the angled Line.  That's not the distance from [the nearest point on] that Line to the center of the Circle.  Should that be perpendicularly from the angled Line, just as the distance from the upper Line is perpendicular to it?

If that is what you really want, use Bisector.lsp with its BI command, available here.  In the BI command, pick the two Lines, and it will draw an Xline that BIsects the angle between them.  Any point on that Xline will be the same distance [perpendicularly] from the two Lines -- that's the nature of an angle bisector.  So where the Xline intersects the yellow Circle is the point where the center of your white Circle should be.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report