Did you mean: 

How draw sections of stairs in autocad?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1051 Views, 2 Replies

How draw sections of stairs in autocad?

ZrDsr.jpg

I am trying to draw a section from the front look of the unit and I am struggling with the stairs. The stairs on the plan below are located on the right side and I wish to draw the view out of them from the front view. How can I achieve this? li-ion battery

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is the same issue that I faced some years ago I had no idea how to draw stairs on autocad and then I visitedhere and learned about these types of functions.

Message 3 of 3
jrreid
in reply to: Anonymous

I am sure you have figured out your section but wanted to post what I do and have done in this attached dwg file.

I downloaded this file from a Free Blocks website to get it started. They had the side sections already drawn but not the front section view you needed.

You section view you want will look just like your top view but with different dimension for thicknesses.

This example has a 12" Tread and a 6" Riser. So the Front of the Section will have the Risers showing at 6" and the Width being 8'-8".

You start my projecting your top view walls down and your left view Risers. You would drawing the amount of Risers on left side being the up side in this case 12.

Then you have landing half way up and draw in the next set of Risers going up on the right side. This model did not have them even so this only needs to show 10 to make the 2nd floor (landing).

If you have lets say a basement (2nd view drawn), copy down the same stair section what ever the height would be to touch down at the basement floor.  I faked this one due to they have a half level.

Hope this helps.

JRR.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report