Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you edit Paper Space dimensions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1385 Views, 4 Replies

How do you edit Paper Space dimensions?

I inherited an old .dwg file and was told to use it as a template.  By the end of the project I noticed that the dimensions for paper space were set to 16' x 24' instead of the 2' x 3' it was set to print as.  While it prints properly, this is preventing me from zooming view ports to a predefined scale such as 1/4" = 1' as everything is off by a factor of 8.

How would I go about reducing the paper space to 2' x 3'?  Everything I've googled simply tells me how to alter how it prints and doesnt give any actual instructions on how to edit the actual paper space.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ian.mag
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey,
Would you provide some more information, such as screenshots so that we better understand your issue?
Are you working in the model space or the paper space?
Message 3 of 5
ChicagoLooper

To solve this, Go to DIMSTYLE and select the dimension style you are currently using. Take a screen shots of the FIT as well as the PRIMARY UNITS tabs. Also, verify whether you are using W36" X H24" paper and your desired VP scale must be 1/4" =1'-0" and whether you print form modelspace or from a layout tab. Finally, whether you are applying your dims in modelspace or while in paperspace. All aforementioned paramaters are needed to address your issues.  

Chicagolooper
Message 4 of 5
rbarton2

Do you mean reduce the size of your layout? Right click layout tab -> Page Setup Manager -> Modify -> Set "Paper Size" to desired dimensions.

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman

I think I've got a handle on what's going on.  We sometimes get drawings like this, due to the originator not understanding the combination of viewport scaling and annotation scaling.  In our case it's also about meters in model space and millimeters in paper space; for you it may be (decimal?) feet in model space and inches in paper space.

Start with the title block.  Typically this is at a scale of 1.0; if it isn't start checking with your supervisors before changing things.  Also, paper space for imperial drawings is measured in inches regardless of model space units.  That lets you set things like text height directly (e.g. 3/32") without buggering around with scale factors.

Once you've got the title block correctly scaled you can move on to the viewports.  Set the scale as you noted, not just in the scale factor but the annotation scale as well.  Don't forget, if model space is *not* in inches you'll need to accommodate the extra scale factor in both scale factors.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report