Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add lisp to autocad LT

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3183 Views, 11 Replies

How do I add lisp to autocad LT

How do I add LISPS to AUTOCAD LT.  It will not let me add them.  

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Admin wrote:

How do I add LISPS to AUTOCAD LT. ....  

Upgrade to full AutoCAD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 12
pendean

US$1200 AutoCAD LT has no LISP ability (not counting the cost of subscription). Enjoying the discount? Me too,

US$4000 AutoCAD does have LISP (not counting the cost of subscription). if you need LISP, it's probably worth the added cost.

Got a credit card handy? There is a sale going on for full AutoCAD at the moment, might be a little cheaper to buy now. Not sure there is a discount to go from LT to AutoCAD though: find out.
Message 4 of 12
scot-65

Learn SCRIPT (SCR).
Plenty of examples in this forum.

And Welcome to this forum!

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 5 of 12
EmyrGriffiths

We've been looking at this this morning, Cadsta Tools claims to allow the the APPLOAD function on LT but I haven't tried it yet. You have to pay for the software and I have no idea as to what it would do to your installation (good or bad). We've not bothered with LISPs until a new client came on board but this looks like a necessity now that needs to be overcome in one way or another 

Message 6 of 12
pendean
in reply to: EmyrGriffiths

Just remember, CADSta enjoys immunity in Australia and are not subject to Autodesk's EULA for LT. If you are anywhere else in the world, especially North America, read your EULA for LT as it states you may not add such functionality to LT. It means a ticked-off employee or a competitor (you just anounced it to them by posting here) can report you to Autodesk and you'll get fined.

Stay legal either way. Talk to legal counsel. Good luck.
Message 7 of 12
EmyrGriffiths
in reply to: pendean

That's exactly the feedback we need. We're a business and therefore have to abide by the rules and regulations of our autocad subscription. I will have a look at the EULA but you've captured it in a nut shell already by the sounds of it. I hadn't thought of this but have tried voicing my concerns that add-ins generally mess up a program - just look at IE or Chrome. Personally it would be a great excuse to obtain AutoCAD but in general day to day use we have never needed more than LT so I fear we will be making do as we have done for many a year. 

I also need to look at scripts which I understand are LT compatible but I've only just heard about these. 

Thanks for the quick response. 

Message 8 of 12
cadwomen

.check your PM

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 9 of 12
dgorsman

If you only need it once in a while, cost out Desktop Subscription for a monthly or quarterly license.  Work your schedule to put as much of that work into that operational period.  And you can have a look at whether it suits your workflow better than LT or not in the process.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 10 of 12
pendean

As others have noted: rent AutoCAD for the duration of the project, bill for it if you can.

Contact an Autodesk reseller for details: month to month is an option.
Message 11 of 12
jggerth

Another option would be to look at BricsCAD, or Ares Commander, & get LISP functionality in a DWG based CAD program.  IIRC that can about $500 USD to $1000 depending on what features you really need.

and, it's a permanent license that doesn't expire at thend of the month.  

Message 12 of 12
EmyrGriffiths
in reply to: jggerth

Thanks for the comments. We're not investigating the subscription prices for full AutoCAD / REVIT as this may have long term company benefits. Will keep you posted. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta