Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'hiding' areas but only certain layers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2413 Views, 3 Replies

'hiding' areas but only certain layers

Is there a way, similiar to wipeout, that will only make specific areas of specific layers not visible?  ex, keeping pipe coming into a room visible, but hiding the existing piping within that room.  i also need to keep lights/mechanics, etc within that area visible.  bottom line, i want to show my 'new' configuration without deleting my old, or changing lots of info to other layers.  thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I suggest to use this magic command HIDEOBJECTS . also take a look down there to the icon (see the image)

dd.png

or you can use LAYFRZ , LAYOFF commands from model layout.if you're using layout tabs with view port you can from inside VP . active Layer command ans use VP Freeze tab.(see below image) which the effects will only appear in Layout tab NOT in the model tab.

fr.png

Good Luck...

Message 3 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

You can do that [if it doesn't get too much more complicated than your description] with wipeouts and some careful DRAWORDER commands.  Draw a Wipeout, force everything you want to hide to the Back in DRAWORDER [i.e. behind the Wipeout], and everything you want to remain visible to the Front.  That approach is entirely object-based, irrespective of Layers.  And unlike HIDEOBJECTS, it allows you to hide parts of things, rather than entire things, so that the same piping line can be visible outside the room but can disappear behind a Wipeout as it crosses into the area of the room.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Now that sounds like the answer! will give that a try. Thanks very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta