Did you mean: 

Help with Trimming certain Linestyles

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Chris_SSA
433 Views, 6 Replies

Help with Trimming certain Linestyles

Hello,

Been using AutoCAD for quite some time now. However something was changed and I am having a problem with my trim.

I use quick trim and trim to a cutting edge all the time. I use to be able and trim multiple dashed line types, regardless of if my trim was going through the dash or a space of that line type. For the life of me, I cannot get it to work like it use to. My trim has to actually touch the dash part of the line. If my trim line goes through a space part of the line type, it will not trim the line. Just looking to be able and trim dashed lines with one quick motion again rather than having to go back and trim all the lines that didn't get trimmed. Please see my screenshot.

Thanks!Screenshot 2024-06-10 145413.png

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: Chris_SSA

Hi,

the general object detection on objects with linetype non-continuous LTGAPSELECTION [F1]

Sebastian

Message 3 of 7
Chris_SSA
in reply to: cadffm

Thanks, but that did not work. That seems to allow snapping to the elements withing the linetype.

Message 4 of 7
cadffm

>>" That seems to allow snapping to the elements withing the linetype"

Right, it allows to DETECT elements, also if you "select" the object within a gap.

That's what you trying.

Turn it on(1), try it again

Sebastian

Message 5 of 7
cadffm

And check the NOTE in help doc, i linked to

Sebastian

Message 6 of 7
pendean

@Chris_SSA wrote:

Thanks, but that did not work. That seems to allow snapping to the elements withing the linetype.

"select" is highlighted for you. BUT... also note that last line starting with NOTE

pendean_0-1718112292528.png

Message 7 of 7
Chris_SSA

Thanks for both of your help. I did have hardware acceleration turned on, but it was the 2D display settings. It was switched to Intermediate, and switching it back to advanced mode, ended up working!

I would have never thought of it, and did not see the "NOTE" Thanks for pointing that out!

We are back in business!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report