Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help selecting lines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
261 Views, 2 Replies

Help selecting lines

Hello, I am a beginner to Autocad. I have been working on some floor plans and I am not sure what I did but there are a bunch of random lines that appear to be all the same length on on end of the floor plans and going in the same direction, they are even on the x/y/z coordinate icon. I cannot select them. I attempted to select everything in a box and move selection (since the unwanted lines aren't selectable / highlighted in the selection) however upon trying this when I move the selection the unwanted lines are moved as well. I have closed and reopened the drawing and even attempted (ctrl + A, delete, select oops) but that did not help either. If there are any ideas/solutions/insights I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe it's best you attach the drawing file so someone can check it out.

Otherwise it will be a guessing game.

Message 3 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

They could be the result of some routine you're using.  If you can be aware of when they first appear, consider what you've done recently, especially anything that's a custom routine rather than a native AutoCAD command.

What is the indication that they are "not selectable"?  If they are actually Line entities, it could be that they are in a non-continuous linetype with a very small linetype scale, in severe-enough cases of which highlighting won't be visible.  But grips would be -- when you pick on one, do grips appear, even if it doesn't look like it's highlighted?  Does the Properties box indicate a selection [if so, it will tell you what kind of entity it is]?

Also, [a peculiar little tidbit for you--] if Layer 0 is either off or frozen, anything drawn on the Defpoints Layer will not be selectable, nor Osnappable, for some reason.  But that wouldn't explain why they move with other selected objects.

If you can post the drawing file, someone may be able to figure out what's happening, at least what they are and how to get rid of them, if not how they got there in the first place.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report