HELP AutoCAD Non-standard colors don't take grayscale

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alessandro2
420 Views, 6 Replies

HELP AutoCAD Non-standard colors don't take grayscale

Hi everyone,

I ask for your help. Maybe you can save me 🙂

In my work I receive floor plans from architects or other people on which I have to integrate our technologies and then print our drawing in PDF.

To highlight our integrated devices I created a ctb that puts everything in grayscale and that leaves active only some colors (240 red, 152 blue, etc etc) that I use for my layers.

The problem is that in the drawings I receive many times in the model or in the blocks they use shades of color (for example 255,127,0) and the ctb does not recognize it as a color to replace with the gray scale so I have to manually select the objects or modify the blocks to return them to the standard colors so that they become gray.

Isn't there a simpler method?
Thanks!

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: alessandro2

Basic AutoCAD 101: TrueColors / RGB colors like 255,127,0 are never influenced by a CTB plot style table. Never ever.

You either need to change those colors to ACI colors 1 through 255, or you need to master and learn to use STB plot style tables instead.
Message 3 of 7
paullimapa
Message 4 of 7
alessandro2
in reply to: pendean

I agree with you. Unfortunately, making architects understand that this is not the way to work is not so simple and sometimes not even possible... 😞
Message 5 of 7
pendean

@Anonymous perhaps you need to up your game, explore more tools and program features like https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-131E3BBB-A28A-40BC-BDC5-A4486C1E2DBE

Own it, don't be a bystander 🙂
Message 6 of 7
cadffm

>>" which I have to integrate our technologies "

Are you not using XREF technology?

XREF architects DWG,

Take a look at XREFOVERRIDE

at set Xref layer colors, in your DWG, to ACI

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
RobDraw

@alessandro2 wrote:
I agree with you. Unfortunately, making architects understand that this is not the way to work is not so simple and sometimes not even possible... 😞

That shouldn't matter.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report