Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Acceleration turns itself off with current NVIDIA GE Force 730 driver

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1565 Views, 6 Replies

Hardware Acceleration turns itself off with current NVIDIA GE Force 730 driver

Despite having an NVIDIA GE Force 730 card installed, with the most recent version of the driver, AutoCAD will not keep hardware acceleration enabled.  As the program opens it starts out enabled but quickly disables it and it states that a problem has been detected by the graphics tuner.  If turned back on and then I open an existing drawing it turns back off again.  I have the latest version of the driver installed, I uninstalled and reinstalled it altogether, checked all the recommended settings and still it's not solving the issue.  It's the only graphic driver installed on my PC.  I've also noticed that my only option in the Hardware Acceleration window under 2D Display settings is Classic Mode when until recently I had 3 options to choose from.  I'm hoping someone has a solution that works because I'm out of ideas.

I've attached the Tuner Logs for both states (Hardware Acceleration enabled and disabled) in case it helps.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
S.Faris
in reply to: Anonymous

The mentioned graphic card of your's is not in the list of Certified Graphics Hardware check from this link. So that is the reason why Hardware Acceleration is not working.

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: S.Faris

We have 2 others in my office with the identical setup to mine and theirs works perfectly fine with the GE Force 730.  Mine worked perfectly until last week so I'm not sure the driver is the issue despite it not being listed on the Certified List.

Message 4 of 7
S.Faris

OK.But that doesn't mean it has to work on yours.

Let's do a quick check

Version of Autocad on all this 3 PC are same? Command _ABOUT

Version of Windows on all this 3 PC are same?   Windows key + R, type WINVER(enter)

Version of Nvidia Graphic Card on all this 3 PC are same? check in the Nvidia Control Centre

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 5 of 7
pendean

What changed on your PC that did not on the other two? Find out, if they do the same they will be broken too just like your setup.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

We compared the details and we're all running the same version of the driver, same hardware and software versions, same Windows 10 updates, same DirectX version, same everything basically.  We may just pull the graphics card and try a different one to see if it's the card that went bad.

Message 7 of 7
S.Faris

Refer to this before going that far to get it fixed : Hardware acceleration periodically turns off in AutoCAD

SALMANUL FARIS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report