Hardware Acceleration issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1568 Views, 2 Replies

Hardware Acceleration issue

Hi,

an employee left and setting up his old computer for a new user I have run into a slight problem.

the computer is  a Dell T3600 c/w a firepro v5900.

when i setup the new user and loaded autocad  the hardware acceleration was grayed out.

if I log in as the old user everything is fine.  using directx 11 and the firepro card.

the new user virtual device is set to software.

I unistalled  Autocad.  unistalled video driver. reinstalled driver reinstalled autocad.

no worky.

I have edited the registry keys

kinda works.  but I have to turn hardware acceleration on every time I open a drawing and its using directx 10. and switches back to software when you turn acceleration off.

any thots?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Nice troubleshooting, so you determined the initial problem was with the Windows User Profile, but now it seem to still be causing issues saving AutoCAD user profile settings, correct? 

It seems the AutoCAD profile may have been corrupted or damaged, please try the suggested steps outlined here. 

If the issue persists & there still seems to be differences between the two usages from Windows Profile to the other Windows Profile, then its a Windows Profile issue. Try creating a new Windows user & re-installing, activating with the proper permissions. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Thank you so very much Natasha!!!! J

That was the problem. All fixed!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta