Gravel Hatch

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
phil_mcdevitt
8431 Views, 7 Replies

Gravel Hatch

Hi All,

In the attached CAD file on the left, there is an area that has been hatched using the Gravel hatch pattern.

In this hatch pattern, the shapes have rounded edges. I took this hatch pattern from another drawing.

I try to create the same hatch pattern but the shapes aren't rounded, they have pointy edges. I have tried to simply match properties but no luck. Tried putting it into a clean drawing, no luck. Any ideas?

Regards

Phil

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

you can use MATCHPROP command. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
vinodkl
in reply to: phil_mcdevitt

Hi,

There was no need for copying the GRAVEL hatch pattern from another drawing, its already listed in hatch patterns.

I doubt you don't have the HATCH property check marked in MATCHPROPS settings, due to which you are not able to match the properties of hatch.

hedits.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 8
imadHabash

i suggest from HATCHEDIT command to select recreate boundary option for your hatch then make your needed hatch inside the new created boundary . 

hh.PNG

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Kent1Cooper

It is rather bizarre that two Hatch patterns in the same drawing can have the same pattern name  but different definitions.  But I find that if I select one that uses a different definition from the one in my source .pat file, and in the Properties palette, double-click on the little button to the right of the Pattern name:
HatchUpdate.PNG

and pick the same pattern name  from the listing, it will update to the one I have defined under that name.  But if the pattern you prefer  is the one you brought in from another drawing, and the one you don't  prefer is the one in your .pat file source, then you won't get the result you want, because the one in your source file will be used.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 8

Tried that, no success.  All it did was change the scale of the Gravel hatch, very strange.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

The hatch on the far left in your file is GRAVEL hatch as defined by plain AutoCAD that we all can replicate. It's not rounded, just small in size and you've not zoomed in close enough to see the jagged lines.

The hatch in the center and the hatch on the right are from another definition (different pattern) that was also named GRAVEL by someone or some other program or add-on.

I see a lot of MAP and Civil regapps in the file, not the topic of this forum.

Message 8 of 8
phil_mcdevitt
in reply to: vinodkl

Thanks for the idea but the hatch box was ticked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta