Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

giving a 0 on Z

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
2395 Views, 13 Replies

giving a 0 on Z

hey, when I started working on my new project I imported a landscape that included "z" lines.

this somehow affected me workflow and other 2d lines got a "z" factor to them.

in order to try to get all the lines back to Z-0 I tried FLATTEN but that didn't work ether.

I know there is a way to download and install a command that gives the lines chosen a 0 on their Z factor.

can anybody help me download and install this?

thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If you have the same object types then select them and edit the Z-value in the property window.

For lines: select lines and edit Start-Z and End-Z value to 0

For polylines: select them and edit the elevation value to 0

>> but that didn't work

What does that mean? Have you got any messages from AutoCAD why it does not work, any informations, any error messages, ...?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I didn't get any messages from autocad.

I'm looking for a command that flattens the lines to have a zero factor for the hole image.. I don't have the time time to give every line a start and end value (nor I know how to). this is an already complex sketch that and going over every line is something I can't afford doing.

Message 4 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I'm looking for a command that flattens the lines to have a zero factor for the hole image

Command _FLATTEN does that, if it does not give any message in your command line it should have worked.

Can you upload the drawing that does not work with that command please?

>> I don't have the time time to give every line a start and end value

>> and going over every line is something I can't afford doing

I have never thought about doing that by selecting every single line 😉

Use command _QSELECT to get all objects of type "Line" selected ... and then use the property window to modify all Z-values with one step. So it's a 10 second job.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Flatten doesn't do the trick(don't know why..).

I tried what you suggested . It didn't work 😞

Message 6 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It didn't work

I can't see your system, so I don't know what you did and I don't know what happened then and so I don't know why "it didn't work".

We need a bit more info, always with the thought that we don't sit beside you and can follow what you are doing and how AutoCAD responded.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Untitled-1 copy.JPG

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

There are still a lot that is not in place.

Message 9 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you please upload the drawing, in the screenshots I can see some objects that are close to vertical, but I can't select them, I can't see what they are, what their properties are and what happens when I try _FLATTEN with them.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 10 of 14
JoeVernice

Try the attached autolisp file (Z0.lsp). I found this in an old forum post, flatten everything to Z=0 plane. Only select 2D objects, lines, circles, dimensions, etc.

JMV

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: JoeVernice

how do I get this to work on my drawing?

Message 12 of 14
JoeVernice

Download and save the file. Drag the file from windows explorer onto the drawing to load it. Enter Z0 at the command line, select the 2D objects in need of flattening and hit enter.

JMV
Message 13 of 14
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

I know there is a way to download and install a command that gives the lines chosen a 0 on their Z factor.

can anybody help me download and install this?

FLATTEN is that command, if by "the lines chosen" you mean already-drawn Lines [and other things] that you select.  I agree with Alfred -- what does it mean that it "didn't work"?  Did something happen that you didn't expect, or something not happen that you did expect?  Are the subject objects on locked Layers?  Etc., etc.

For drawing new Lines [and other things] without their being affected by different Z coordinates of things you are Object-Snapping to, read about the OSNAPZ System Variable in Help.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: JoeVernice

Thanks! this is very helpful

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report