Flatshot Command Not Creating New Blocks

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1219 Views, 6 Replies

Flatshot Command Not Creating New Blocks

AutoCAD 2007 Flatshot Command

When using the flatshot command, when creating multiple views of a single object, only the first view created shows up when inserting the current flatshot. Ultimately, the flatshot command is not creating new blocks. No matter how many times I run the command, I only get the first view I created. The only way to make it work is to explode the first block then purge it from the drawing. The next block that flatshot creates now has the new view but has the same block name.

Does anyone know why this is happening? How to fix it?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dmfrazier
in reply to: Anonymous

What is the name of the block it produces?

Just guessing, but apparently Flatshot can only produce one block at a time, based on the current view.

How about renaming the first block made from the first view, changing to your next view, re-running the command, and repeating this process until you have a block for each view?

Message 3 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am a bit surprised by this as my AutoCAD 2019 will continue to add "anonymous" blocks as i reissue the Flatshot command.  Renaming the block might be a good step however to working through this process as that should be a lot cleaner than exploding and purging.

What is your OS?  Did this work properly previously?  AutoCAD 2007 is rather old but I don't recall it doing this behavior.

You might also try these other commands to generate 2D representations of your file.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dmfrazier

The name of the block is anonymous (A$XXXXXXXX). It's always created these names. That's how the command is supposed to work. Everytime you create a flatshot, it should create a new anonymous block name.

As for your solution, I've been doing this to make it work but its a real nuisance. If the command was working correctly, I wouldn't have to do that. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I am running Windows 10. Yes, this command did work properly on my old system (Windows 7).

If I can't figure out how to fix this issue I may have to look into those other commands. They just aren't as simple as the flatshot command

Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, AutoCAD 2007 came along quite a bit before Windows 10 and was never designed to run in that environment.

I would suggest either upgrading to current AutoCAD which is designed for Windows 10 or perhaps, downgrading your OS to Windows XP.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

We've already upgraded to 2018 but for now, we have to complete the jobs we started in 2007 in 2007. It's a bit of a story but this is what we are stuck with. I guess we'll use the work around until we finally put 2007 out to the pasture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report