Did you mean: 

Cannot find renovation mode in AutoCad 2019

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
619 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot find renovation mode in AutoCad 2019

I feel really silly.  I download a trial version of Autocad 2019.  I was wanting to see how it would work for things like renovations and demolitions.  I want to be able to try renovation mode.   Everything I've read tells me I can find it in the style and display under the manage tab.  My manage tab does not have this.   Could this be a feature not available in the trial version or am I missing something?  I can't find.  Has it moved somewhere else?  I'm not very familiar with AutoCAD, I'm just starting.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> things like renovations and demolitions.

This sounds like architecture work? If I'm correct then you should take a look to AutoCAD Architecture or Revit.

AutoCAD (Vanilla) is then not the best product to do that.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I use Revit.  I've had a lot of prospective clients as if I worked in AutoCad.   I thought I'd try it and see if it was something that might be useful to me.  I'm always trying to find ways to make myself more marketable, increase my knowledge.  

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

This sounds like architecture work? If I'm correct then you should take a look to AutoCAD Architecture or Revit.

- alfred -

Hi,

- alfred -

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I use Revit.  I've had a lot of prospective clients as if I worked in AutoCad

While Revit knows how to work with AEC objects AutoCAD is a generic CAD system, not specialized to any branch ... and so it does not know anything about doors, windows, walls, nothing about renovation or demolition.

You can export data from Revit and create different states in different drawings, but you can't send the state "new" or "renovation" or "demolition" with one drawing file.

Hope that makes it more clear 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous

Phases and steps  of construction in AutoCAD are typically handled by use of the layering standard you have in place.  You might have layers for existing conditions, demo layers for items to be removed, New layers for new construction, Future layers for proposed construction and maybe even layers for phased construction.

Revit obviously handles phasing and Options differently.

What kind of things are you trying to do in AutoCAD for your renovation project? Perhaps I can make some suggestions.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report