Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File opens in new window

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1139 Views, 4 Replies

File opens in new window

Im running Window 7 and autocad 2010.  I use window explorer to open dwg files.  When i open a new file, it always opens in a new autocad window.  I need help this get very annoying.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this a new problem? If yes then what changed? Explain in more detail what is happening or what you expect to happen: your post has many interpretations.

Also confirm if what you want does happen if you simply use OPEN command from inside AutoCAD.

And confirm what is assigned to the DWG file in Windows Explorer for an application (the "open with" option when you right-click on a DWG file).
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Let me start by saying I also have autocad 2013 on my computer as well, but use 2010 for drawings don't ask me why.  Last week someone gave me a drawing that was saved in 2013 format.  So i opened it in 2013 and saved it down to 2010.  Well that changed my default program to 2013, so i changed it back to 2010.  So ever since then when I open a drawing from windows explorer, it opens in a seperate window.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Windows, the Operating System, will always remember the last DWG program you used. So how did you "change it back to 2010"? The simplest way is to just start 2010, open a file, save the file, close 2010.

And clarify "separate window" and what are your expectations: any AutoCAD version can be set up to either open one drawing at a time or open multiple windows in one program window, or if you jacked with Windows Esplorer's "open with" setting you probably set it up to open a new program window every time you open a file.

separate window=program window? or file window?
Message 5 of 5
Ajilal.Vijayan

Right Click on any drawing and goto Open With--> Choose Default Program

Then select AutoCAD DWG Launcher.

Open With.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report