Did you mean: 

Fields FileName changing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
961 Views, 4 Replies

Fields FileName changing

When i'm using fields to automatically display my FileName in a detail i'm working on, is there was way to keep that field from changing when I insert that detail as a block/xref into a different file?

Example:

Detail FileName - "Expansion Joint_001"

Details Page FileName - "A2.1_Details" 

So every time I insert detail "Expansion Joint_001" into my Details Page, that field now changes to "A2.1_Details".

I've been researching to see if there is a way to some what "lock it" so it keeps its original FileName "Expansion Joint_001", haven't came across what i'm looking for just yet.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

The behavior you describe is normal - I have not seen a way to circumvent this behavior.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
pendean

Post your actual DWG file with the problem.

Message 4 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: pendean

A field to to file properties like filename ever display the property of the current file.

For xrefs it is the same, in this moment the field is inside a block of the current dwg, so the (updated) field shows the name of the current master file.

@Anonymous

Untested  The only possible way could be to set off the update (for all fields in the master dwg).

FieldEval

But i am thinking you don't like to to that.

Sebastian

Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am coming back to your thread to see if the issue or question you posed has been resolved.  If so, please mark the post or posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report