Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error AutoCAD 2018

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
187 Views, 1 Reply

Fatal Error AutoCAD 2018

I posted about this not too long ago, but I still haven't found a solution or anything that helps the problem even a little bit. I have a Dell XPS 15 with a 6 core i7 processor, 16 gbs of RAM, and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti graphics. I can run solidworks on this computer with no issues, and yet everytime I use AutoCAD, it either crashes right off the bat or it lags like crazy while I am using it. I keep getting fatal error messages, and when I try to send the report to Autodesk, it fails to send the report and freezes up my whole system; AutoCAD won't close, my computer won't restart or shut down, and I have to force the shut down by holding the power button for like 10 seconds, which I hate doing because I am afraid it might damage my computer over time, since I am doing a force shut down while my computer is most likely still trying to close AutoCAD. I have tried waiting for AutoCAD to finally close, but it never does, and my computer is all jacked up until I shut it down completely. I have all of my drivers up to date and I'm not sure what else to do. I would call Dell support, but I'm almost certain that this is an issue with AutoCAD specifically, as everything else works great on my computer. Please help me out, I don't know what else I can do. Thanks!

-Alex C.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Please send me a NFO file so I can see how your computer is configured. If your data needs to be private or confidential, please email it directly to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and please include a link to this thread in your email.

I suggest also looking at your Windows event logs to see if there are any obvious errors being logged.

I have checked the reporting database and you are correct that the data is not being transmitted to Autodesk.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report