Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed installation of Autocad 2016

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
237 Views, 2 Replies

Failed installation of Autocad 2016

I have tried to install AutoCAD 2016 on my computer that is running 64x bit Windows (7) and it always says Error 2738 just some minutes into the installation and then when the installation is finished it just says "Download failed. Error 2738". I have now tried to download windows 32, 64 and windows, all of them but with no success. Same happens on every file. I actually have AutoCAD 2012 on my computer, but I did not read I should remove it before installation and I am scared if I do so, I won't have any AutoCAD at all. The AutoCAD 2012 is installed from a disc and I do not have the disc where I live now (and will live for 3 more months, 2000km from my home where the disc is). 

How can I solve this problem? I have tried to install 2015 version too, without success. But because everyone in school is using '16 it will be much easier if I have 2016... Please someone help!!!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi marijakm,

I am sorry to hear that you are having download issues. Try downloading the application from this URL.

I think you will probably be fine in leaving your original application installed. I have about five generations installed on my computer.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Good morning marijakm,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta